Will Pakistan, the only Muslim nuclear country, be fragmented as it was done in case of Iraq? This is the common fear among Pakistanis, not quite unfounded, in view of the forces -United States, Europe and Israel, which turned Iraq and Afghanistan into slaughterhouses, and are responsible for the deepening quagmire unfolding in Pakistan.
Pakistanis fear that the US led war on Islam and Muslims, under the guise of fighting war on terrorism, Al-Qaeda and Taliban, is being extended to Pakistan. They are putting the Pakistani government of quislings against Pakistanis threatening the very survival of Pakistan. India remains an active partner in this US led conspiracy to destabilize yet another Muslim country.
SANDWICHED BETWEEN THE UNITED STATES, EUROPEAN, ISRAELI, AND INDIAN DESIGNS AND PAKISTANI QUISLINGS, WILL PAKISTAN, THE ONLY MUSLIM NUCLEAR COUNTRY, BE FRAGMENTED?
by Latheef Farook
Will Pakistan, the only Muslim nuclear country, be fragmented as it was done in case of Iraq?
This is the common fear among Pakistanis, not quite unfounded, in view of the forces -United States, Europe and Israel, which turned Iraq and Afghanistan into slaughterhouses, and are responsible for the deepening quagmire unfolding in Pakistan.
Pakistanis fear that the US led war on Islam and Muslims, under the guise of fighting war on terrorism, Al-Qaeda and Taliban, is extended to Pakistan .They are putting the Pakistani government of quislings against Pakistanis threatening the very survival of Pakistan. India remains an active partner in this US led conspiracy to destabilize yet another Muslim country.
President Barack Obama signed the 7.5 billion dollar aid package in mid October 2009 demanding Pakistan to launch military strike against its Pashtun tribes in wild South Waziristan. Pakistanis consider the numerous conditions linked to the aid package as insult to their country and many describe the aid package as a Big Bribe that will go into the usual pockets.
Within days President Asif Zardari obediently unleashed a ferocious ground and air attack, using American-upgraded F-16s and helicopter gunships, indiscriminately killing, among others, the innocent civilians and destroying their shelters in the South Waziristan region irrespective of the public outrage accusing the government of betraying Pakistan’s national interests at home, in Afghanistan and in Kashmir.
Hundreds of thousands of innocent men, women, children and the aged were made refugees overnight with no food, water or any other essential as it happened in Swat Valley in April this year.
Under this mercenary military offensive on Washington’s orders, the Pakistani government also permitted US to secretly create a mercenary army inside Pakistan pushing the military to the point of revolt.
AMERICAN, EUROPEAN AND ISRAELI DESIGNS ON PAKISTAN
It appears that the American strategy in Pakistan is to use Pakistani government against the Pakistanis, provoking a civil war and plunge the country into chaos to neutralize its nuclear arsenal that has been US neocons’ urgent priority. The Americans are not interested in Pakistan or its people. They only want collaborators and quislings and they found a willing partner in the person of Asif Ali Zardari.
Many observers accuse US of playing double game by financing the Taliban and demanding the government to fight the Taliban. Justifying this fear Pakistani daily “NEWS” stated that the US-led NATO forces vacated more than half a dozen security check posts, together with some posts close to North Waziristan, on the Afghan side of the border, just five days before the Pakistani military offensive began.
This facilitated Afghan Taliban to cross over to Pakistan and support fighters in striking back at the Pakistani security forces in the troubled tribal area, raising many eyebrows in the government and military circles. Shocked and intrigued by its timing the NWFP government and civilian and military officials alerted Islamabad.
Pakistanis consider America as the greatest threat, worse than the arch rival India, to their sovereignty and independence. They are aware that already a map showing a truncated Pakistan has been in circulation and the ever growing collaborations among India, Afghanistan US, Europe and Israel.
Exacerbating this fear, are the US plans to build its second largest embassy in the world in Islamabad, after its embassy in Baghdad. According to reports, it’s also demanding indirect veto over promotions in Pakistan’s armed forces and her intelligence agency, the ISI. This crude attempt to exert more US influence over Pakistan’s 617,000-man military has enraged the armed forces and set off alarm bells.
Dealing with the US-European, Israeli and Indian conspiracy to destabilize Pakistan columnist Atif F Qureshi stated that;
* The ’surge’ in American troops in Afghanistan accompanied a ’surge’ in terrorism in Pakistan. While the Afghan Taliban never threatened Pakistani sovereignty, since 2001 thousands of innocents have been killed in a wave of suicide bombings in Pakistan that ‘coincidently’, began only after the US invasion and occupation of Afghanistan in 2001.
* The Afghan occupation is deliberately extended into Pakistan and both countries are treated as a single ‘battlefield’ called AfPak. This is laughable because one is war-torn and primitive while the other has a sophisticated civic society .The purpose is to enable American forces to strike into Pakistan.
* Wave after wave of callous and imprecise drone attacks murdering innocent civilians and riling up the Pakistani public who despair at their feckless government for being complicit in continual violations of the nation’s sovereignty and dignity. * The never-ending American pressure for Pakistan to “DO MORE!” Though no nation has done or sacrificed more to combat terrorism in its own self-interest.The number of soldiers martyred, wealth spent and tears of widows and orphans shed remain testimony to the truth that those who claim that Pakistan is half-hearted in this effort are liars.
* The CIA shield, protect and nurture anti-Pakistan insurgent groups on Pakistani soil. The so-called ‘Baluchistan Liberation Army and ‘Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan’ are only a few of many of these groups base their insidious operations from inside US occupied Afghanistan.
* Even though our ‘popularly elected’ politicians are in the pocket of the Americans, they remain frustrated that certain institutions in Pakistan remain out of their reach. The black propaganda targeting Pakistan’s patriotic armed forces, intelligence services and nuclear weapons arsenal reveals their obvious intent. Well aware that these are the only institutions that truly have Pakistan’s interests at heart, the public do not appreciate the Am-Brit campaign to malign them.
* The exposure of blatant double-standards is evident as America turns on the weapons tap for India, whom it wishes to turn into its 21st century ’slave soldier’ in order to counter China, while Pakistani officials are left dangling and must debase and humiliate themselves in order to ensure the delivery of a trifling number of F-16’s and helicopters to fight the same enemies that America is sponsoring.
* The recent polling is cause for great hope. It proves what was never in doubt – the Pakistani population will not stand for these US violations of Pakistan’s sovereignty and national interest for much longer.
We know that we fear Allah more than we fear America, but the nation must now realize another profound truth – salvation does not lie in continued cooperation and debasement in front of America, but only in faith in Allah and His Messenger (SAW). It is time for this nation to throw off its shackles and re-declare its independence.
Recently, in the officer’s mess in Bajaur, the northern tribal region where the Pakistani Army is tied down fighting the militants, one officer told a visiting journalist that” Osama bin Laden does not exist”.
Explaining the American involvement in Swat Valley in last April columnist Bill Van Auken wrote in the website WSW on 16 September that:-
There is mounting evidence that the Pentagon and the CIA are engaged in a war against the population of the region involving death squads, disappearances and torture. Swat Valley, near Afghanistan’s eastern border, provides a gruesome indication of the kind of war that the Pentagon and its local allies are waging.
The Pakistani army offensive in Swat Valley, carried out on the direct and highly public insistence of US envoy Richard Holbrooke, and senior American military officers, unleashed a humanitarian catastrophe. In what amounted to a massive exercise in collective punishment, many civilians were killed or wounded and some 2.5 million people were driven from their homes.
Now, the Pakistani military continues to occupy the area, carrying out a reign of terror in which individuals identified as opponents of the government and the US occupation across the border are being picked up and tortured to death.
New York Times stated on 15 September 2009 that with the military occupation of the Swat Valley “a new campaign of fear has taken hold, with scores, perhaps hundreds, of bodies dumped on the streets in what human rights advocates and local residents say is the work of the military.”
In addition to bearing marks of brutal torture, many of the bodies are discovered with their hands tied behind their backs and with a bullet in the back of the neck. In some cases, corpses have been beheaded. American officials have praised the Pakistani military for its campaign in the Swat Valley, with US Ambassador Anne Patterson visiting Mingora, Swat’s largest town, to congratulate the army.
Now the Pakistani government replicates this bloody campaign in South Waziristan. A similar offensive is already underway in the Khyber Agency, site of the Khyber Pass, a key route for supplies to the US occupation force in Afghanistan. UN officials report that 100,000 people have been displaced by the attack.
There is every reason to suspect that the wave of disappearances, torture and death squad assassinations in Pakistan are also “made in the USA”. US Special Forces “trainers” are operating on Pakistani soil, instructing Pakistani forces in the kind of tactics that yield the bound and battered bodies dumped in the streets of Swat.
Disclaimer: The views expressed in this article are the sole responsibility of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of the ‘Wonders of Pakistan’. The contents of this article too are the sole responsibility of the author(s). WoP will not be responsible or liable for any inaccurate or incorrect statements contained in this post.
YOUR COMMENT IS IMPORTANT
DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF YOUR COMMENT